Just bottled my most recent homebrew. It was done in the Irish Red Ale style. It was my first attempt at an all grain brew so the mash efficiency wasn't as high as I would have hoped. I used mostly two-row barley for the sugar conversion and for color and character I used some crystal malt, black (stout) barley and roasted barley. I also used some flaked oats to help with head retention.
Lately I have been enjoying the 2 below from New Belgium. I love the hop profile in that beer. So I used the same hops in the Irish Red, however I made one mistake; they dry hop that beer and I boiled mine. I didn't realize that until later. But even with boiling hops in my wort my beer calculator seemed to say I was still on target for the Irish Red style. I also used some Irish moss at the end of the boil, but accidentally dumped the whole bag in.
I soaked some toasted oakchips I had in a little bit of whiskey and decided to add them to the secondary carboy for a few days. I am going to be interested to see if it adds anything to the taste.